Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lady GaGa Producer Talks Born This Way Album!


[Image via WENN.]

Such a clear vision for this album! We cannot WAIT to see how it's expressed!

Now that Lady GaGa's highly anticipated new album, Born This Way, is only weeks away from being released, one of its producers, Fernando Garibay, has opened up about his role of co-musical director, and what he and the pop star envisioned when working together!

"She asked me to musically direct the album with her. Basically, that means for me, that meant to push her vision out for these records, for the album, but every song is really special. Every song tells almost like a musical. It just kind of keeps going forward. We did this [dance] song that possibly might be the third single; it's called 'Marry the Night.' It's probably one of my favorite songs on the album. It tells about being yourself and individuality and never forgetting who you are. What's interesting is that the great thing about dance songs is for me most of the time they start off as ballads and that's the approach I've been trying to keep going. We wrote songs, particularly GaGa wrote these songs, to live in a dance environment. Yeah, they're dance, but I think the whole thing, too, is that they're songs and genuine to her. I'm excited about the whole album. I'm proud of the way we got together and made this album. It's a collective of some cool people all trying to facilitate her and to explore her vision, her statement. I'm excited for albums to be albums again, and this is leading in that direction. … I think the message, the big statement was obviously the single, and I think it's the single, 'Born This Way,' serves as an introduction to the album. Again, it's a statement about equality."

Amazing!

This perfectly captures what we love so much about GaGa - her ability to take REAL, personal and relatable issues and creatively inject them into infectious, fascinating dance tracks!

We couldn't be more thrilled to see her vision come to life with each song off this album!

Live Love Laugh

No comments :

Post a Comment